If we have a booth at a public event and we distribute grant-funded flyers, can we report this in question 28?

Yes, this public awareness event can be reported in q.28, and the grant-funded flyers can be reported in Section C5 Products.  Remember, all grant-funded products need to be approved by your OVW grant specialist.